Resources for the study and research of Gender Studies topics.
Last Updated: Jan 20, 2014
Reference sources are ideal for getting background information on any topic, as well as for identifying important concepts, researchers, theorists, events, and issues associated with a topic.
Fifty Key Concepts in Gender Studies
Call Number: via Credo Reference
Publication Date: 2004
This source provides short essays on important concepts within the field of Gender Studies.
Encyclopedia of Gender and Society
Call Number: REF HQ1115 .E54 2009
Publication Date: 2009
This encyclopedia attempts to cover a broad range of topics relating to gender studies, including intersection of gender scholarship within the arts, economics, health, crime, gender identity, politics, religion, and sexuality.
Encyclopedia of Sex and Gender
Call Number: REF HQ16 .E52 2007
Publication Date: 2007
The articles in this four-volume work explore the interconnections and differences between the concepts "sex" and "gender." It is intended as a work of general reference and is suited to all audiences, from the novice to the expert.
Gender and Research
Call Number: REF HQ1075 .G4618 2008
Publication Date: 2008
This 4 volume reference source contains scholarly essays, collected from academic journals, on gender studies, offering different perspectives on history, theory, research and feminism. Essays divided into several different topics: "Contexts and Theory"; "Gender Roles in Research"; "Feminist Methods"; "Men's Studies, Queer Theory and Polyvocality."
Encyclopedia of Sex and Gender: Men and Women in the World's Cultures
Call Number: Via CREDO Reference
Publication Date: 2003
The central aim of this encyclopedia is to give the reader a comparative perspective on issues involving conceptions of gender, gender differences, gender roles, relationships between the genders, and sexuality.
- Gender Inn
Why search here?
- Use this to locate books and essay collections pertaining to gender studies, feminist theory, pedagogy, sociology, history, & psychology.
- Journal articles are only included in special cases. Search the library catalog for Simmons holdings.
- VOS Gender & Sexuality Studies
Why search here?
- Voice of the Shuttle and is a resource for anyone doing research on Gender & Sexuality. The site is an index to encyclopedias, websites, teaching resources, journals and zines, and much more.
- Sections deal with General Resources, Women's Studies, Feminist Theory, Queer Studies, Transgender and Transsexual Resources, & Men's Movements & Masculinity.