These items are currently on display in Beatley Library.
About this Display
Join us in celebrating National Preservation Week, April 21-27, established by the American Library Association in 2010 to raise awareness on preservation issues facing libraries, archives, and museums. According to a 2004 Heritage Health Index survey, cultural heritage institutions in the United States hold approximately 4.8 billion items, of which 1.3 billion are at risk (i.e. not actively being preserved).
Learn more about what libraries, archives, and museums are doing to preserve their materials, and what you can do to preserve your personal collections, by checking out the resources in this library guide. View the titles on display in the "Featured Titles" list on the left.
Find It Online
Learn more about preservation by visiting the following websites:
- ALA Preservation Week: Pass It On - including a collection of Videos on Preservation
- Heritage Preservation: The National Institute for Conservation
- National Park Service: National Register of Historic Places
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Preservation Massachusetts