Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Gale Search Alerts
From your search results list you can request notification when new content is added to the Academic OneFile Select database (formerly Expanded Academic ASAP) that matches your search criteria. You may choose to have the system send you an email message in html format when updates are found, or you may subscribe to an RSS feed provided by Gale.
Creating an Email Search Alert
To set up an email alert:
- Perform a search using any of the search types to search for the information for which you want to receive alerts; you may use any type of search criteria, including search limiters.
- On the results list, click on the orange and white button located near the upper right. (You will know it is the correct button if, when you hover your mouse over the button it reads "Search Alert / RSS Feed")
- To receive email alerts, enter your email address in the Mail to field.
- Use the default Alert Name/Subject Line - Gale Search Alert - or enter your own text.
- Select how frequently you want alerts sent: Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- Click the Save button to submit your request.
You will be sent an email message to confirm that your request has been received. From here on, the system will check for new content based on the frequency you selected, and send out your email alert.
Creating RSS Search Alert Feed
To subscribe to the Gale RSS feed alerting you of new content in this database:
- Perform a search using any of the search types to search for the information for which you want to receive alerts.
- On the results list, click the Create a Search Alert link.
- To subscribe to the RSS feed, copy the URL that is shown in the Feed URL box, and paste it into the software you use as your RSS reader or news aggregator.
- Click the Close button to submit your request.