Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Cite Button
The majority of the Library's e-resources can generate a single citation for you.
Places to look for the Cite Button or other Citation Tools in E-Resources:
- The right-hand menu on the article abstract page.
- At the top of the results list.
- Immediately under each citation in the results list.
- At the very bottom of an article or article abstract page.
Citation managers are online tools that allow you to:
- Organize and save citations and articles
- Generate in-text citations and reference lists
- Share citations and articles with colleagues
- And more!
There is a bit of a learning curve with these tools, but they can help you stay organized and save time in the long run.
The Library recommends two free citation managers:
To explore these tools and learn how to use them, check out the Library's Citation Managers Guide.
The Writing Center
The Writing Center provides one-on-one tutoring, workshops and presentations to strengthen your academic reading, writing, critical thinking and research skills.
Getting Started with Endnote