Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What are the benefits of ORCID?
ORCID® = Open Researcher and Contributor ID
Solves researcher name ambiguity by creating a persistent unique identifier (For example, there are two Humanities faculty named S. Leonard at Simmons University)
Serves as a linking mechanism between research objects such as books, articles, posters, data sets, and 30+ research formats
- Is free and available to any researcher in any career phase
- Transcends disciplines as well as geographic, national and institutional boundaries
- Is NOT ResearchGate, SCOPUS, or Web of Science but easily can be used with each of these platforms
- Enables use of Wizards to quickly import your work
- Is required by an increasing number of funders and publishers
- Six Things to Do Now That You've Got an ORCID ID
Register for your ORCID ID
ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized.
REGISTER WITH ORCID HERE